Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Funding

Right now I am deciding what I am going to do for an actual concept shot. You know, to make things cleaner, to give the impression I want it to give. My mom's in town for the week, so the actual shooting is temporarily on hold. Don't worry; I'll get to it soon.

The other issue in front of me is funding. I don't know where I'm going to come up with the money this is going to cost. If I could, I would pay for it out of pocket, but that just is not an option. I think that it is going to cost somewhere in the $3,000 neighborhood. That number seems even bigger written out than it does when you say it.

I think that my most viable option to solicit the funding is through Kickstarter. They are exactly what folks in my position need. I think I am going to look around a bit first and see if there are any other options out there, just to cover my bases.

Does anybody out there have any experience working with Kickstarter. I'd love to hear what your experiences were.

In the mean time, I think I am going to start with an artist statement for the project. I know that's a little backwards compared to how most artists work, but I was a writer first and I think this will serve as a road map to help maintain my vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment