Saturday, July 17, 2010

Concept

I decided to share my concept shot. It needs a lot of help, but remember this is just to test the concept. I'm pretty happy with it. I have shared it with a few people and encountered a wide range of reactions from, "I love it" to losts of criticism and suggestions to tone it down or make it more dramatic, play with lighting . . . Lots of input. In most cases, whatever the reaction is, it's pretty passionate. That tells me I'm on the right track.

Now, I know that the flag needs ironed and there is a pretty gnarly shadow in the background, this is a quick shot with an on camera flash. The subject doesn't exactly look like she fits outside of what most people think of as an American. She is, however, part Native American. When this is presented together with different subjects of various races, colors and creeds the impact will be striking. Keep in mind the text is in the subject's hand, and I am hoping to find subjects that can write the same phrase in their native language.

Again, I know this photo needs help, but I would love to hear comments from anyone willing to offer them. Especially if one of those comments is that you would like to take part in the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment