Friday, August 13, 2010

Status Update

I finally heard from Kickstarter yesterday. No decision yet, they just needed a little more info. Silly them, they wanted to know what the money was actually going to be spent on. They have the extra info now, so the waiting begins. Again.

I estimate the whole project will cost around $2,500. Like most projects I have attempted in my life, I'm sure I under estimated things. The general rule of thumb for any project is, "It will cost twice as much and take twice as long as you expect." Let's hope not.

I figured since I will be soliciting help from you, dear readers, I should share my estimated costs with you.

Darkroom Rental $50/day X 5-10days = $250-$500
Studio Rental ~$300/day X 3-4days = $900-$1200
Film/Paper/Chemistry/Storage/Transparencies $500-$700
Frames/Mat Board $200-$300
Subject compensation $300-$400 - travel, food

Hopefully this is somewhere in the ballpark. Any thoughts? Can anyone out there help by donating anything on the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment